Apple Cinnamon Sugared Muffins (From a CAKE MIX!)
photo by PSU Lioness
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix (make sure it has pudding in the mix)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped (type doesn't matter)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (after muffins have cooled)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease muffin cups generously or line with paper liners.
- Mix yellow cake mix, baking powder, flour, milk, canola oil, eggs and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix until combined well, scraping the sides of bowl as you go.
- Fold in apples and stir until covered.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan. Fill cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Mix sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Dip muffin top in melted butter and then into cinnamon/sugar mixture until lightly coated.
- Shake off excess and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
tried these for breakfast.. delicious.. after I add some walnuts to them they will be excellent!. We don't do sugar, and you can't find a yellow cake mix with pudding mix that is sugar free, (at least, not around here) so, I bought a yellow sugar free cake mix AND a sugarfree vanilla pudding mix and mixed them both in the recipe. I also used splenda mixed with the cinnamon on top. It takes quite a bit more, but it did work.. I didn't have the apples, but I did have a can of 'fried' apples which I drained and chopped up. worked fine! I wonder if using the apple juice from the can in place of the milk would work,, and give it more flavor? Great recipe! Thanks! Hope you don't mind me playing with your recipe... I love experimenting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
The most defining trait in my life is that I am a mother to two wonderful boys (Tyler, 20 and Zayden, 9). I live in the little college town of Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania. It is the most wonderful place to live as it's nestled in the Appalachian Mountains and along the beautiful Susquehanna River. Seeing that we live in Central Pennsylvania, our family is also a bunch of HARDCORE Penn State Nittany Lion fans! We are...PENN STATE! I was lucky enough to be given tickets to see Joe Paterno win his 400th game as the head coach of the football team. I cried like I did when my children were born. The other love of my life is cooking. I didn't really start trying to cook until I was 20, but believe me I have made up for lost time! I absolutely adore baking and I do it whenever I can. I love making Christmas cookies and I have begun hosting our extended families at our home for Thanksgiving and Easter dinners. So far so good. I love food.com because it allows me to expand my culinary skills and my recipe box with ideas from other people like me. There is something for everyone and I have been a loyal member since 2005. I hope you enjoy my recipes and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.