Apple Cinnamon Kefir Pancakes
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 10mins
- 1 cup homemade kefir or 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rolled oats or 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 1/2 cup buckwheat groats, kernels or 1/2 cup corn
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey or 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 small apple, chopped
- Place kefir, olive oil, vanilla, oats, and grain in blender and blend for 3 minutes on high. Make sure it is making a vortex. Add more liquid if needed.
- Cover and soak on the counter for at least 7 hours, to help the nutrients to be released. You may skip this step, if needed.
- Just before baking, add egg, melted butter and honey and blend until smooth.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and apple and blend briefly.
- Bake on a hot griddle, lightly sprayed with non-stick spray as needed.
- Serve with syrup, powdered sugar, or caramel sauce (esp. yummy!)
- Makes 12 four-inch pancakes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Christian wife and mother of 3 kids. Since my DH's high cholesterol, we've been eating better. I never used to like cooking. Since eating better, I've liked learning and preparing new recipes. My kids haven't reconciled themselves to the new eating yet. I grind my own grain and make all my own breads.?Working 2 hours a day in the local high school lunch room.??I am homeschooling my high schooler.? ?Also found out 1 child has multiple food allergies (wheat, dairy, tomato, chocolate, etc) and another is gluten sensitive. So, we just started (July 09) eating gluten and dairy free. I've been busy with getting our house market ready, even though it's not the best time for that.?