Apple, Cheddar and Tuna Melt
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A light, delicious tuna melt. You can use more mayonnaise than the recipe calls for if you wish. For the bread I used a loaf of whole grain unsliced Italian bread, very nice.
- Ready In:
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 granny smith apple
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 loaf of rustic Italian bread
- 2⁄3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Drain tuna and place in a medium-size bowl. Add mayonaise, lemon juice, celery and red onion.
- Peel the Granny Smith apple, core and dice. Add to the tuna mixture.
- Add freshly ground pepper to taste and gently combine mixture well.
- Slice six slices from the bread loaf, about 1/2-inch thick. Cover the slices with the tuna mixture and top with the grated cheese.
- Place slices on a cookie sheet and broil for 2-3 minutes. The cheese should be bubbly and the tuna mixture warmed through.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION