Apple Cake (No Wheat, No Sugar)
photo by Aimee88
- Ready In:
- 100 g butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 250 ml sour milk
- 150 g porridge oats, ground or processed
- 100 g gluten-free flour
- 1 cup apple, chopped
- Notes: Cake can also be sweetened with dates by simmering dates in water until they are quite mushy and most of the water has been absorbed. I would use between 150-200g dates. Adjust baking powder to 1/2t if you use self-raising flour, and use whatever flour you prefer. Sour milk can be made by adding 1T vinegar or lemon juice to sweet milk.
- Optional additions: raisins, sultanas or berries.
- Combine butter and honey. Add eggs. Stir in vanilla, baking powder, and cinnamon, until well combined.
- Alternate milk and flours, stirring each time until well combined.
- Stir in apples and any other additions.
- Bake in round or square baking tin at 175°C/350°F for about 30 minutes. Cake will be firm to the touch and a toothpick should come out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am living happily as a housewife in the English countryside (having grown up in rural Pennsylvania). This leaves me time to explore new recipes. I enjoy cooking and eating.<br /> <br />I love to bake, and my family likes treats, so we have cookies, muffins, and new-to-me English desserts sometimes, and I'm baking bread again.<br /> <br />My life also allows time for my other passions, reading and gardening. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>