Apple Butter Pie
Ths is from Baking Bites, a web site that all bakers *must* visit. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds great. You can use a regular, vanilla wafer or graham cracker crust. The crust needs to be prebaked before the filling is put into it.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (16 ounce) jar apple butter
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine everything until very smooth. (Recommend food processor or mixer.) Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes, or until center is mostly set (jiggles slightly when nudged) and a sharp knife inserted near the center comes out mostly clean.
- Cool to room temperature before slicing and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight, before serving.