Apple and Orange Stuffed Pork Chops
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe can be made up to 24 hours in advance of being served.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 6 pork loin chops, at least 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups toasted cubed raisin bread (2 1/2 slices bread)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped (1/3 cup)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Cut a pocket in each pork chop. Season cavity with a little salt and pepper. Cook celery and apple with butter in a small saucepan until tender, but not brown.
- Combine egg, bread cubes, orange peel, chopped orange, salt and cinnamon.
- Pour cooked celery and apple over bread cube mixture and toss lightly.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the stuffing into each pork chop. Fasten pockiet openings with wooden picks.
- In a large skillet brown the chops in hot cooking oil, 3 at a time, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Plece chops in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 24 hours.
- Before serving, bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven for 65 to 70 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove the picks and garnish with orange slices.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION