Appetizers Half-Moon Cheese Pies
photo by Tim_John
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
12-14 cheese foldoverspies
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk, for glazing
- 5 ounces feta cheese, chopped & crumbled
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 5 sprigs of fresh mint
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup strained plain yogurt
- To make the pastry put the flour in a bowl and mix in the oil, butter and yogurt by hand. Cover and rest in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Meanwhile make the filling . Beat the egg lightly in a bowl . Crumble in the cheese then mix in the milk, mint, raisins and pine nuts.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the pastry into two pieces and cover one with clear film plastic rap or a dishtowel. Thinly roll out the remainder and cut out three inch rounds. Place a heaped teaspoon full of filling on each round and fold the pasty over to make a half moon shape.
- Press the edges to seal then place the pies on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining pastry. Brush the pies with egg yolk and bake 20 minutes or until golden. Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!