Appetizers-Easy Stuffed Mushrooms
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms (try to use large mushrooms)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- Wash and dry the mushrooms.
- Remove and chop the stems.
- Melt butter in a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add the mushroom stems, celery and onion.
- Saute until the onion is translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the bread crumbs, Worcestershire Sauce and seasonings.
- Mound the stuffing onto the mushroom caps.
- Arrange caps on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- If you like mushrooms, you will like this!
Excellent! I used just under 8 oz of mushrooms, but left out the celery (don't care for it), used green onions, used parmesan flavored breadcrumbs, and sauteed in olive oil, rather than butter. Baked for 7 minutes at 400 degrees. They were delicious, but a bit salty (probably the parmesan). So easy and delicious!
I served these at my wine tasting party - mushrooms are great to mix with a red wine. One of the hits of the party! With all of the food I was serving, it was nice to have a "lighter" appetizer vs the typical sausage and cheese stuffing. Quick and easy, and the house smelled great while they were cooking. I doubled the recipe and only had 3 or 4 left over. A definite repeat!
I made these for our family New Year's Eve party. What a hit. They were really super tasting and very easy to make. I did make just a little revision since we always have a big crowd. I doubled the recipe and added to the filling: 2 Tbs Grated Parmesan Cheese and 2 cans of well drained Crabmeat. This filled 2-12oz pkgs of mushroom caps. Thanks for the great recipe!!