Ants on a Branch
These sweet and salty critters make a welcome addition to any picnic.
- Ready In:
- 12 chocolate covered malted milk balls
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 4 pretzel sticks
- chow mein noodles
- 8 mini chocolate chips
- black shoestring licorice
- With a butter knife, scrape a flat spot on the bottoms of 12 chocolate covered malt balls.
- Place the chocolate chips in a shallow microwave safe bowl, microwave on high for 1 minute, stir and microwave for 30 seconds more.
- Set the four pretzel rods on a wire cooling rack to keep them from rolling. Place a piece of waxed paper under the rack to collect any drips, then drizzle on the melted chocolate.
- Before the chocolate sets, press three malt balls, flat side down, on each pretzel to create an ant's body. For legs, dip the ends of six crunchy chow mein noodles into the chocolate and stick them on the pretzel. Use more chocolate to attach mini chocolate chips for eyes and snipped licorice antennae.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION