Ants Climbing a Tree
photo by mersaydees
- Ready In:
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry vermouth, sherry or 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 3 jalapenos or 3 serrano chilies, stems removed, minced
- 1⁄4 lb pork, ground (do not use sausage) or 1/4 lb pork, diced (do not use sausage)
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup shiitake mushroom, soaked and minced (or other dried mushrooms)
- 2 tablespoons szechuan hot bean sauce
- 2 (2 ounce) packages bean threads, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes, drained and cut into pieces about 2 inches length
- Mix together all the sauce ingredients.
- In a pre-heated wok over high heat, add the peanut oil. When the oil just begins to smoke, add the ginger, green onion, chiles, pork, carrot, and the mushroom, and stir-fry until the pork is well-browned.
- Add the bean sauce and stir-fry for about 15 seconds or until combined thoroughly with the other ingredients.
- Add the bean threads and sauce. Cook over medium high heat until the sauce is thickened and the bean threads just begin to stick to the wok.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!