Another Cranberry Apple Relish
This is a nice variation on the usual relish. The basic sweetness comes from the apples, so don't go for a tart apple. Leftovers are great mixed into cereal.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup currants
- 6 cups sweet apples, in 1/2 inch dice
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts or 3/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Chop cranberries roughly.
- Put in medium saucepan with 1/2 cup water and the currants.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Cook cranberries, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in apples.
- Cook, covered, over low heat for 5 minutes to soften apples.
- When soft, raise heat to medium high, add sugar, and cook for 4- 5 minutes more, or until apples are very soft.
- Remove from heat.
- Lightly mash apple and cranberry mix with a pastry cutter.
- Stir in walnuts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation