Anna's Spaghetti Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This delicious sauce can be varied by adding a tablespoon of parmesan cheese, a pinch of red pepper flakes, garlic powder, or for a spicier sauce use hot pork sausage.
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground lean pork sausage
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- In a large saucepan or pot, saute onions in olive on medium heat for five minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add bell pepper and garlic and saute 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add gr. sausage to vegetables and brown. Drain excess fat.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, and oregano. Bring to a boil, and then cover and simmer on med. low heat for 15-30 minute
- Salt to taste and serve with pasta.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION