Annabel Karmel's Chicken and Apple Balls
- Ready In:
- 1 onion
- 50 g carrots (finely grated)
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and grated
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon thyme (dried or fresh) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 ounces breadcrumbs (fresh, white)
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled (for babies over 12 months)
- salt (to season, for babies over 12 months)
- pepper (to season, for babies over 12 months)
- flour, for coating
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Heat the oil in the pan and saute half the onion and carrot for three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Squeeze out excess moisture from apple.
- Mix the grated apple with the chicken,cooked and uncooked onion and carrot, plus parsley, thyme, breadcrumbs, and crumbled stock.
- Chop for a few seconds in a food processor.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- With your hands, form the mixture into about 20 balls, and roll in flour.
- Fry in shallow oil until lightly golden and cooked through (about 4 to 5 minutes).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!