Ann Pillsbury’s “no-Knead” Special Bread 1945
- Ready In:
- Combine 1 1/2 cups scalded milk, 2 tablespoons salt, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 cup shortening.
- Cool . . . to lukewarm by adding 1 1/2 cups water.
- Add . . . 3 packages yeast, (compressed or dry granular) mix well.
- Blend in . . . 3 eggs.
- Add gradually . . 9 cups sifted PILLSBURY’S BEST Enriched FLOUR; mix until dough is well-blended. (This dough will be softer than a kneaded dough.).
- Place dough in large greased bowl and cover.
- Store . . . dough in refrigerator or cold place at least two hours or until needed.
- Shape . . . chilled dough into three loaves on well-floured board; place in greased, 9x4x3-inch pans and cover. ( make 3 loaves).
- Let rise . . . in warm place (80° to 85° F.) until double in bulk, about 2 hours.
- Bake . . . in moderate preheated oven (375° F.) for 1 hour.
- Note: If desired, one-third of dough may be used to make 1 dozen rolls. Fill 3-inch, greased muffin pans 1/2 full; let rise in warm place until double in bulk, about 1 hour, and bake in moderate oven (375° F.) for 25 minutes.
- "THIS METHOD GUARANTEED ONLY WITH PILLSBURY’S BEST".
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello fellow cooks-I am on OBGYN doctor and I am new to this website. . I love RecipeZaar since there are so many, easy, delicious, tested recipes. Between myself and my boyfriend, we have 5 children so there is always someone hungry-the family is so happy about the new, freshly cooked foods that have been gracing our table as of late. Gardening- here in south florida we have lots of tropical fruit trees - is another hobby that I enjoy. We love scuba diving too. Recently, I did a tandem parachute jump.