Aniskrabeli and Anisbroetli (Swiss Cookies With Anise)
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 30mins
- 4 eggs
- 500 g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons kirsch
- 1 tablespoon anise (for Aniskrabeli seeds and for Anisbroetli ground)
- 1 pinch salt
- 600 g plain flour
- Mix sugar and eggs using a blender until they are very soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients and knead into dough.
- For Aniskrabeli form on a floured surface rolls 1.5 cm (½ inch) thick. Cut pieces of 4-5 centimeters (2 inch) of length. Make 3 oblique cuts and fold your cookies slightly (like in the picture).
- For Anisbroetli you need a stamp. In this case roll out your dough on a floured surface or make small balls with your hands. Print the shape with your favorite stamp.
- Put the small pieces onto a baking tray and dry for about 12- 24 hours at room temperature (this step is essential!).
- Bake them for 15-25 minutes with 150 degrees Celsius (300F). These cookies shouldn’t turn brown! (heat and timing are basing it on convection oven).
- Let them cool down and enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation