- Ready In:
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced, can use baby carrots
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 4 -5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed anise
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cook/steam carrots in salted water until crisp-tender (or desired tenderness); drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion in the butter until they are soft and translucent.
- Return cooked, drained carrots to saucepan with the sauteed onions.
- Add anise and preserves. Toss to coat well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Join The Conversation
What a great way to dress up the ol' carrot! Don't get me wrong ~ I enjoy eating them raw, but when it comes to company, they usually like to see them a little fancier, & this recipe does just that! Really loved the combo of anise & apricot & will definitely be making this recipe again & again! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook tag]