photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, strips chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 (15 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 6 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon, discarding drippings.
- In the same skillet, saute the garlic in olive oil for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato puree, basil, pepper flakes, and bacon, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Serve with sauce, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really enjoyed this quick and easy to make dish Doug. It was so good and was even better the next day. Thank you for sharing a new family favorite. I did add a little more of the red pepper flakes (personal preference only). Made exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. Made FYC tag game 2015.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello everyone, My name is Doug and I am the host of I recommend tag.I am in my early 40's, I am married, with two children. Michael 14, and katherine 10 . I started to learn to cook, after I got married, when my wife started working nights, and I couldn't get around because I had my entire left leg rebuilt. I just completed remodeling my entire house, and am very active at volunteering at my childrens schools.<br />Rating System <br />5 stars- Outstanding (4 out 4 ) in family enjoyed. <br />4 stars - Very good (3 out of 4) in family enjoyed. Will make no adjustments. <br />3 stars - good, might consider an adjustment <br />2 stars- Okay- will make adjustment <br />1 star- debatable I will make again, would with right adjustment <br />0 stars - Will not attempt again.</p>