Angelina’s Hot Chocolate
The Angelina Cafe in Paris, open since 1903, serves a thick hot chocolate in demitasse cups with a tiny dollop of mascarpone and whipped cream. They are famous for making hot chocolate from melted chocolate bars. It is incredibly easy to prepare by mixing chocolate shavings with hot water. You can serve it in small cups or in 17th-century style chocolate pots and demitasse cups such as those sold in gourmet shops.
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces chocolate, chopped (fine-quality semisweet or bittersweet)
- 1⁄4 cup water, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 3 cups hot milk, divided
- whipped cream, if desired (optional)
- In a double boiler over low heat, combine chocolate and 1/4 cup water until melted, stir until smooth.
- Remove top of double boiler pan from.
- Whisk in 3 tablespoons hot water.
- Pour into pitcher or divide among individual 4 mugs.
- Either stir 3/4 cup hot milk into each mug or serve milk in a separate pitcher.
- Pass sugar and whipped cream in separate bowls; add to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
A beautiful mug of bittersweet hot chocolate, what could be better ... I ask? This was the bomb, so good. Rich, thick, decadent and just the right amount of chocolate. I couldn't believe that I hadn't made this treasure yet. It was quick and easy to make, using ingredients that I always have on hand, could be trouble, living in Canada, I see many pots in my future . Thank you my friend, for sharing another wonderful treat.Reply