Angel Hair Pasta With Tomato-Scallop Sauce
photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- 12 -16 ounces frozen seafood, shrimp & scallops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 dash salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked & drained
- In skillet, combine olive oil, onion, bell pepper & garlic.
- Sauté over medium heat until veggies are tender.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, salt & pepper.
- Bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat & simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add Seafood & simmer another 3 minutes.
- Serve warm sauce over pasta.
- Top with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
FANTASTIC!! Looks and tastes gourmet but super easy to fix! I used a red bell pepper so threw in some spinach when the tomatoes were cooking to give it some green. I also doubled the garlic. The addition of real grated parmesan cheese took it "over the top". We'll definitely be using this recipe again! I only had scallops. I can't wait to try it with scallops and shrimp. LOVED it!
So darn good! My husband had never eaten scallops in his 62 years of life ... mainly because his mother doesn't like them, but it's probably because she didn't have them prepared this way!! I didn't have the canned tomatoes, so I used the Rotel with the chillies as well. I did have the bell pepper, fresh onion, and added basil, oregano, and Italian seasoning. I did have fresh, grated parm and offered it to my husband, but he refused it because he didn't want to cover up how good it was without it!! Thanks, Lori - was a real treat!!
Quick and easy! I used Ro-tel tomatoes with chillies and I think it needed that little zing. Next time I would cook the frozen seafood (I used shrimps and scallops) separately first as they added a lot of liquid and so the sauce had to simmer quite a lot longer to reduce. This is a keeper though. Thanks Lori!