Angel Hair Pasta With Roasted Tomato Sauce & Italian Sausage
- Ready In:
- Set oven to 475
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- On a large sheet pan, lay tomatoes cut side up.
- Cut sausage links into 1/2 inch slices on the bias. Place on the same pan, but keep sausage slices all together. (We want to be able to remove the sausage easily before putting tomatoes in food processor)
- Scatter garlic, onion slices, and basil on the pan with the tomatoes. Sprinkle the kosher salt & crushed red pepper over all of the ingredients.
- Drizzle the olive oil over everything, more or less to taste. I like to get a little olive oil on each tomato half.
- Place in heated oven for 45-50 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before sauce is done, start cooking the angel hair pasta. Angel hair cooks very fast, so keep an eye on it. When done, drain and drizzle with olive oil so it doesn't stick together.
- Back to the sauce!
- When tomatoes begin to 'roast' or turn black, it should be done. Smash a garlic clove if unsure. If soft, it's done.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove sausage slices and set aside. Throw the remaining ingredients in a food processor and pulse until desired consistency. A blender can be used, but should be done in small batches and for only a few seconds on 'chop' setting.
- Pour the pasta into a large pretty bowl, drizzle again with a little olive oil if desired. Add the sausage. After processing the tomato mixture, pour over the sausage and pasta.
- Sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan.
- Garnish with a sprig of basil.
- Serve with a salad and french bread. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!