Angel Hair Pasta with Prosciutto and Peas
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup fresh green peas (, or frozen)
- 4 ounces sliced prosciutto, , cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions,drain,reserving a small amount of cooking water.
- Return pasta to pot,tossing with olive oil,salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in large,non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallot and cook until tender,about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in cream and white wine.
- Bring to boil.
- Add peas and cook until tender,2-3 minutes.
- Stir in prosciutto and parmesan,cook for 1 minute.
- Add pasta and toss to coat well.
- Top with additional parmesan if desired.
- Serve with Chardonnay.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I would truly give this more than 5 stars if I could! This was a breeze to throw together, but was absolutely delicious! The gentle flavors meld together to produce a wonderful, savory, elegant dish that I would definitely serve to company. I followed everything exactly as you stated except that I probably used a tiny bit more parmesan cheese than 1/4 cup. :) Divinemom5, thanks so much for this recipe. We loved it!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I enjoy cooking and especially baking.Love homemade bread.I really enjoy trying new recipes.I have a husband and 5 children,so it is a challenge trying to cook to please them all.Some of my kids are very picky eaters.At this time in my life,I am interested in healthy cooking.I lost 70 lbs with Weight Watchers and am trying to keep it off!</p>