Angel Hair Pasta With Fire Roasted Tomatoes
photo by Carols Kitchen
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 2 lbs cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- In small bowl mix ¼ cup of the olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, sea salt and pepper. Wash tomatoes and slice in half. Add tomatoes to bowl with olive oil and seasonings. Mix gently and pour onto shallow, foil-lined pan, sprayed lightly with Pam cooking spray. Spread in single layer. Drizzle with 2 tbls. of the olive oil.
- ROAST in preheated 400 degree oven for 45 to 60 minutes until tomatoes are soft and dark brown on top.
- PREPARE pasta as directed on package. Drain well. Place ½ of the roasted tomatoes and remaining 2 tbls. olive oil in large bowl. Coarsely mash tomatoes. Add pasta and remaining ½ of tomatoes; toss to mix well. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese and additional red pepper, if desired.
- SERVE with salad and garlic bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to be in my kitchen!