Angel Hair Frittata
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons black olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups romano cheese, grated
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta, freshly cooked
- romano cheese, grated
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini, 1 tomato, mushrooms, onion and garlic and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add olives and herbs.
- Preheat broiler.
- Beat eggs and 1.5 cups cheese in large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in vegetables and pasta.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large broilerproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add egg mixture to skillet.
- Press mixture with back of spatula to even thickness.
- Cook until frittata is set and golden brown on bottom.
- Transfer skillet to broiler and cook until top of frittata is set, about 2 minutes.
- Run small knife around edge of frittata to loosen.
- Invert skillet onto large plate.
- Remove skillet.
- Cut frittata into wedges.
- Serve, passing additional cheese and chopped tomatotes separately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
HERE is the way to do it and love it! [Thanks, AW, for warning me about the olive oil over-kill] First, I used young patty pan squash julienned rather than zuchini, doubled the mushrooms and used PAM Olive oil spray. Also used 1 1/2 cup of Veggie Shreds romano style soy cheese, as we have milk protein allergies in mi casa. Did NOT add the fresh garden tomatoes until serving- then diced and piled them on top of each serving for a colorful visual effect. Tasted so good my husband actually groaned out loud!