Angel Food Petit Fours
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a recipe that I've made for Christmas, weddings, parties, etc. It uses store bought cake and my clothespin cookie filling as the frosting. They are yummy!
- Ready In:
- 1 loaf angel food cake, store bought
- 1 cup Crisco
- 1 cup margarine
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup hot milk
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 2 (16 ounce) bags shredded coconut
- Cut the angel food cake into 1 inch squares. Prepare the frosting. Use one hand to roll the cake in the frosting and the other hand to roll the frosted cakes in coconut. I usually tint the frosting in pastel shades and sometimes leave them white and decorate each with an icing rosebud and leaf.
- I have used raw eggs in this recipe for 30 plus years without any incidence of salmonella. I sell cookies professionally and this has never presented any problems.
- The yield is approximate, depends on your cutting of the cake. I cut the loaf in 7-8 slices and each slice into 9 cookies. I count on two per person for a serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION