Angel Bavarian Cake - Light, Cool and Delish! No Bake!
- Ready In:
- 1 pint milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 4 egg yolks (save the whites)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 pint whipped cream, save half for topping (Cool Whip)
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut, save half for topping
- 1 prepared angel food cake, broken into small pieces
- Mix the milk, sugar, salt, egg yolks flour and vanilla.
- Cook custard on medium heat, stirring to avoid scorching.
- In separate container dissolve the gelatin in the warm water.
- Add to custard mixture while custard is still hot.
- Let mixture cool.
- Fold half of the whipped cream (1/2 pint) into cooled custard mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold into custard.
- Add the crushed pineapple and 1/4 cup coconut.
- Break a large Angel Food Cake into quarter=sized pieces.
- Line a pan (I use 9x13 Pyrex) with half of the cake piece.
- Pour half the custard mixture over cake pieces.
- Repeat using rest of cake and custard.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, best if overnight.
- Just before serving, spread remaining 1/2 pint whipped cream on top.
- For special presentations, garnish with sugared flower petals- make sure they are edible- or remove them before serving!
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup coconut flakes.
- Serve in 3-4 inch squares.
- Refrigerate any unused servings- if there are any leftovers!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!