Andreas Viestad's Chicken With Saffron and Cinnamon
photo by MsPia
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 50mins
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, saffron, cinnamon, salt, flour, vinegar and olive oil, stirring until smooth.
- rub chicken pieces all over with the spice mixture and either place in a covered dish in a single layer or in a plastic zipper bag and marinate at room temperature for 45 minutes, or up to 1 day in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake chicken pieces skin side up for 30 minutes.
- Add wine and chicken livers (or 1/2 bouillon cube) to the pan and bake 20 to 30 minutes more (stirring a couple times if you're using the bouillon cube).
- Check to see if chicken is done by piercing in the thickest part with the tip of a knife; juices will run clear when done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!