Andouille in Comforting Barbecue Sauce
- 4 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups steak sauce
- 1⁄2 cup louisiana hot sauce or 3 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 1 cup Southern Comfort
- 1 lb andouille sausage
- Saute onions, celery, bell pepper, and parsley in peanut oil until the onions are clear or tender.
- Add garlic and cook a little longer.
- Add steak sauce, hot sauce, and ketchup.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add Southern Comfort.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cook for 2 to 3 hours.
- This will keep in the refrigerator for weeks.
- Slice 1 lb. andouille or smoked sausage 1/4 inch thick and combine with 1 cup sauce.
- Heat well on stove or in a chafing dish.
- Serve with small pieces of French bread or use toothpicks to spear andouille.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!