Andes Layered Frozen Mousse Pie
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 cups Andes mint baking chips, divided
- 1 (9 inch) chocolate graham wafer pie crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 2 egg yolks
- Stir 1/2 cup of andes mint baking chips into the softened ice cream.
- Spread the ice cream mixture onto the bottom of the pie crust and put in the freezer.
- Melt the remaining andes mint baking chips with 1/2 cup of the whipping cream in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- When fully melted, remove mixture from the heat and stir in the egg yolks.
- Put the mixture back on the stove and continue heating it over medium-low heat for 3-5 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken, stirring constantly. Do not allow it to boil.
- Cool the mixture to room temperature.
- Whip the remaining 1 cup of whipping cream until stiff peaks form and fold it into the cooked mixture.
- Spread the mixture over the ice cream in the pie crust.
- Freeze the pie for a minimum of 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Allow the pie to stand at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!