Amy Johnson Slice
- Ready In:
- Set oven to moderate teperature.
- Rub the butter into flour and salt, mix to a firm dough with a little milk. Roll out to ¼ inch thickness and cover the base (only the base) of a greased 20cm square tin with pastry.
- Spread with raspberry jam and sprinkle with 1 cup currants.
- Topping: Beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Fold in the sifted flour and then the melted butter and milk and pour over the top of the pastry.
- Bake about 40 minutes in mod. oven. When cold, ice with thin lemon icing and sprinkle with coconut.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!