Amish Chicken Noodle Soup
- Ready In:
- 2 quarts chicken broth (mom used water but I think broth would be better.If using canned chicken broth, use low sodium) or 2 quarts water (mom used water but I think broth would be better.If using canned chicken broth, use low sodium)
- 8 ounces amish noodles (Comes in a 12oz. package, we found them at walmart.If you can't find you can use egg noodles.)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can canned chicken breast meat, chunks (I use cooked chicken breast)
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- salt and pepper
- Bring broth or water to a boil add noodles and cook according to package directions,or til bite tender.Do Not drain.Reduce heat to medium low. Add soups and stir well. Add chicken and cubed velveeta. When cheese melts taste and add salt and pepper.Serve.
Join The Conversation
Very good. I used homemade chicken stock and leftover roasted chicken. I only had one can of cream of ___ soup on hand, so that's all I used, which resulted in a thicker dish-- more like chicken & noodles, rather than soup. I thought the Velveeta was a little prominent for my taste, although that might have been different had I used both cans of cream soup. Overall, very good, might make it again sometime.