America's Test Kitchen Guacamole
- Ready In:
- 3 Hass avocadoes (pitted and cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1⁄2 small red onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper (stemmed, seeded, minced)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Mash 2 of the avocados to a relatively smooth puree using a fork in a medium bowl.
- Fold the cubed avocado and the remaining ingredients into the mashed avocado.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this recipe with a few modifications today and won my department's Cinco de Mayo contest for guacamole. Before I mince the garlic, I chop the clove in half and remove that greenish sprout. I didn't really measure the cayenne or cumin, just put it in to taste. I used the juice of one lime, but I think you really do need that additional lime before serving. And I seeded and removed the white membranes from the jalapeno. People really liked it!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.