American Kitchen Classic Western Carolina Style Pulled Pork BBQ
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 30mins
- Combine 1 quart of water with the salt, soy sauce, honey, molasses and sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, then remove from the heat and let cool. Stir in the remaining water.
- Pierce the meat with a boning knife in several places, then add the meat to the brine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the meat from the brine, coat lightly with salt and pepper, and arrange them in a smoker. Load 2 boxes filled with applewood chips into the smoker.
- Set the smoker at 250 degrees F and smoke for 8 hours. Remove from the smoker to a cutting board and shred when cool enough to handle.
- Arrange on a serving platter and serve with your choice of BBQ sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!