American Girl Magazine's Colorful Cake
This is one of my favorite cakes ever! If you don't own four 9-inch layer cake pans, you'll need to bake these in shifts. DO NOT use grape Jell-O mix!
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix, batter prepared (or home-made white cake batter)
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 tablespoon cherry Jell-O, mix
- 1 tablespoon orange Jell-O, mix
- 1 tablespoon lime Jell-O gelatin, mix
- 1 tablespoon berries, blast jell-o mix
- 2 (16 ounce) cans frosting, 1 yellow, 1 white. (This can be substituted with 16 oz. home-made white frosting and 16 oz. home-made yellow frosting.)
- 6 drops blue food coloring
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Divide prepared white cake batter equally into 4 bowls.
- Mix 1 tablespoons Jell-O powder into each bowl, one color per bowl.
- Stir until blended.
- Additional Jell-O powder may be added at this time for brighter colors.
- Pour batter into greased and floured cake pans, 1 color per pan.
- Bake 15 minute or until cake springs back when lightly touched in the center.
- Cool 5 minute and remove from pans.
- when cake is completely cool, spread yellow frosting between layers.
- Scoop 3/4 of your white frosting into a bowl, add 6 drops blue food coloring.
- Whisk until blended.
- Cover outside of cake with blue frosting.
- spread the remaining white frosting atop the blue frosting as clouds.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 3 more