American Country Fare
Mom's recipe. I enjoyed it as a kid, still enjoying as an even bigger kid! I got my friend and her family hooked too! *The kind of Macaroni and Cheese Dinner to be used here is the one in the short fat box with the foil envelope containing the squishy cheese.
- Ready In:
- 1 box deluxe kraft macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut diagnally into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup red peppers or 1 cup green pepper, strips
- 2 tablespoons green onions, slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Boil macaroni for about ten minutes.
- Drain and then stir in the pouch of cheese that comes in the box.
- Set aside.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat for 6 minutes.
- Ad vegetables and oregano.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add macaroni and cheese and mix lightly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is comfort food- I did one variation - I made it in the early AM because I had a busy day ahead of me and needed a pop in the oven casserole. I placed it in a casserole, held it in the fridge and 35 minutes before dinner I sprinkled 3 tbsp milk over top, covered it with foil and heated it in a 350Foven, I used smoked Mexican Choizo sausage The red pepper was a mature HOT Serrano pepper. Wonderful flavor. Loved my dinner served with a bit of steamed carrots and Mushrooms peas. Great dinner thanks Harley PrincessReply