- Ready In:
- 3 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into cubes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange liqueur or 1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup turbinado sugar
- 3 1⁄8 cups sparkling rose wine
- 1⁄2 cup frozen grated coconut, thawed and toasted
- 8 maraschino cherries
- Toss together oranges, grapefruit, and pineapple; set aside.
- Pour orange liqueur into a shallow saucer. Dip rims of 8 glasses in liqueur; dip rims in sugar, and let stand 30 minutes to dry completely.
- Spoon fruit mixture evenly into glasses. Add rosé wine, filling three-fourths full; top with grated coconut and cherries. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Always on the search for new and exciting cocktails, very fruity, smells like (don't laugh) '70's suntan oil. Which is good if you love coconuts and pineapple. It IS very labor intensive for just a cocktail. In all honesty, I'd probably rate this higher if someone else made it FOR me. I don't think I'd make this again. This is a better recipe for a catering company or bartender - anyone else who can do the work for you.