Yes, there are many ambrosia recipes out there... I'm only posting mine here for safe keeping & for when I'm asked for the recipe after bringing it to a party/gathering... Don't get me wrong, it's very tasty & I'll mostly only prefer the taste of mine, so if you try it, I hope you enjoy it :-)
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces maraschino cherries, drained then quartered
- 6 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained very well
- 15 ounces fruit cocktail, drained
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packet instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- I drain & quarter cherries first. Then drain & squeeze the crushed pineapple. Then I drain & add the remaining canned ingredients and stir in the pudding mix, sour cream & cool whip. I add the marshmallows last and stir them in gently.
- Chill then serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I would give this 10 stars if I could. I made it exactly as the recipe called for and, oh my goodness, I think it's the best thing I've ever had IN MY LIFE! Wonderful texture, not too sweet. Absolutely fabulous. I made it for a girls get together tonight. I just hope there's some left by the time they all get here.