Amazing Watermelon Greek Salad With Feta
photo by Linajjac
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 6 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, cubed (or crumbled)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pitted and halved (or use sliced ripe olives)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
- In a small bowl, cover the onion slices with the lime juice. The acid in the lime juice will help to mellow the onion a bit.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the watermelon, feta, olives, and onions (without the lime juice, but save the juice for the vinegrette) Set aside.
- Wisk together the reserved lime juice, olive oil and as much balsamic vinegar to suit your taste and preferences. Keep in mind there is quite a bit of flavour in the salad from the feta and olives so just 1 or 2 tbsp usually does the trick.
- Pour vinegrette over melon mixture and toss. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 2 more reviews