Amarula Ice Cream
- Ready In:
- 1 fresh vanilla pod, seeds of
- 15 egg yolks
- 250 g caster sugar
- 750 ml whole milk (whole milk)
- 500 ml fresh cream
- 375 ml Amarula cream liqueur
- Cut pods in half lengthways and scrape out seeds.
- Mix egg yolk with sugar until fluffy and white.
- Heat milk, cream, liqueur and vanilla seeds.
- DO NOT BOIL!
- Using a fine mesh strainer remove the vanilla seeds from the mixture.
- Add the milk mixture into the egg and sugar bit by bit stirring constantly.
- Place over a double boiler stirring until you have a custard consistency.
- Never let it boil.
- Process through your ice cream machine until set.
- If you do not have an ice cream machine, allow to set in the freezer for 8 hours.
- Beat into a smooth texture when icicles form in the setting process.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Amarula is a very new flavor for me and one I would never have tried probably if not for ZWT4. I quite enjoy it and it us of course well suited for this cold and creamy ice cream. Made a half batch of it. This is not overly sweet...we served it with fried plantains for a very sophisticated adult dessert. Thank you for posting.