Amarula Bread and Butter Pudding
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A nice looking alternative to traditional bread pudding featuring Amarula Cream. ***Please note temp differences from C to F depending on region. 160 deg C = 325 deg F
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 500 ml milk
- 375 ml double cream
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 40 g butter, melted
- 6 large eggs
- 200 g caster sugar
- 125 ml Amarula cream liqueur
- 6 small soft bread rolls
- 25 g sultanas, soaked in water and drained
- 100 g apricot glaze, warm
- In a pan, bring the milk, cream and vanilla essence to the boil.
- Use a little of the butter to grease a large oval pie dish.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and castor sugar until pale.
- Gradually add the milk-cream mixture, stirring.
- Add the Amarula Cream and strain through a fine sieve.
- Cut the bread rolls into thin slices and butter them.
- Arrange in the pie dish and sprinkle over the sultanas.
- Pour the Amarula mixture over the bread. The bread will float to the top.
- Place the dish in a bain-marie on top of folded newspaper and pour in hot water to come halfway up the sides of the dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 160 degrees(160 deg C = 325 deg F) for about 45 – 50 minutes.
- When the pudding is ready it should wobble very slightly in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and cool a little.
- Brush a thin coating of apricot glaze over the top of the pudding.
- Prior to serving, dust with icing sugar. Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION