- Ready In:
1 2/3 cups
- Whisk egg yolks, amaretto, and sugar in medium metal bowl to blend.
- Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water (double boiler).
- Whisk mixture constantly and vigorously until thickened and instant-read thermometer inserted into mixture registers 140 for 3 minutes, about 5 minutes total.
- Remove mixture from over water.
- Add cream and whisk until incorporated.
- Pour or spoon into individual serving glasses/bowls.
- Serve warm or chilled. (If serving chilled, zabaglione can be prepared 1 day ahead and refrigerated. Rewhisk before serving.)
- Also if serving chilled, let the zabaglione cool before placing fresh fruit on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!