Amaretto With Summer Fruit
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 -4 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut-up watermelon, honeydew melon, cantaloupe, pineapple (or combination)
- 1 1⁄2 cups peach slices, seedless grapes (or combination)
- ice cream
- toasted almonds or pecans
- For syrup: in a small saucepan, stir together the sugar, water and honey. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the amaretto and lemon juice. Place fruit in a large mixing bowl. Pour syrup over fruit. Cover and chill for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Serve over ice cream; sprinkle with toasted almonds or pecans.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!