Always Gone Taco Dip
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 16 ounces taco sauce
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese (shreadded, can use mild, sharp or Mexican style)
- 3 -4 tomatoes, diced
- 8 ounces black olives (sliced or whole, your preference)
- Blend together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese and sour cream mixture in bottom of a 9x13" pan.
- Layer taco sauce on top, tilting pan if need be to get an even layer throughout.
- Layer cheese, tomatoes and finish with olives keep all layers even.
- Serve cold with tortilla chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A really good, creamy dip. I love how easy it is to make. This is perfect for a party or to take to a picnic. I did add chopped scallions to the top for an added zip. I also think something else could be added for more flavor. Maybe a layer or mashed avocado or refreid beans? I will add one of those next time just to pick up the flavor a little. All in all, it's a very good dip. Thanx!
This is yummy! I too used reduced fat (trying to lbs. conscious lol) and nobody at picnic noticed! I mixed the taco sauce into cream cheese and sour cream. I thought it needed more seasoning but everyone else said it was awesome. (Was my 3rd party dish I was making so I could be crazy, taste tested out lol) I added some shredded lettuce and kept tomatoes on side (picky eaters). Thanks for great recipe!
Great taco dip - easy and made with ingredients that I had on hand. I used reduced fat counterparts for the cream cheese, sour cream and cheddar. I reduced the amount to 2.5 servings and it was plenty to serve 4 of us last night. I'd probably add a little taco seasoning to the cream cheese mixture next time for a little spice - we like things hot around here! Made for PAC Spring 2009
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 30 year old housewife (newly married) that loves to cook. I pretty much will try anything that doesn't include seafood. I am a professional photographer so I have lots of time during the week to cook. I absolutely adore Taste of Home and read it religiously. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">