Alton Brown's Molasses-And-Coffee Pork Chops
- Ready In:
- 1 cup strong coffee, cooled (not instant)
- 6 ounces molasses, by weight (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 -8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 pork chops, bone-in (6 to-8-ounce, 1 inch thick)
- Combine the coffee, molasses, vinegar, mustard, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, the ginger, thyme and pork chops in a 1-gallon zip-top bag; seal and shake to combine. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Remove the pork from the bag. Pour the marinade into a saucepan; boil gently over medium-high heat, stirring, until reduced to 1/2 cup, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove the thyme stems.
- Grill the pork chops for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145. Let rest for 5 minutes; serve with the glaze.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!