Al's Beef and Spinach in Oyster Sauce
- Ready In:
- Slice the beef into thin narrow slices.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large pan.
- To test if the wok is hot enough drop in one small piece of onion.
- It should sizzle on contact.
- Add the onions and garlic.
- Fry for two minutes.
- Add the beef and fry for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Till the beef is just underdone.
- Add the ginger and stir.
- Add the peppers and spinach and stir well for about a minute.
- Reduce the heat to a medium heat and add the oyster sauce.
- Stir till heated through.
- Ladle off some sauce into a serving jug.
- Serve on plates of (egg) noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an expat working Kazakhstan. We live in a camp close to the Caspian Sea. Our daily diet is usually canteen food. Occasionally someone will cook an evening meal for friends and always something to look forward to. This is the main inspiration for my recipes as our supply of ingredients (though varied) are inconsistent and unreliable.