You can peel the potatoes or leave the skins on in this recipe. I think the skins add something to the flavour and texture of this dish.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons ghee or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 potatoes, medium-size (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups water
- salt (to taste)
- Heat oil. Add the potatoes and cook for two minutes browning them on all sides.
- Stir in the green beans and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until they begin to brown and blister.
- Add the onions and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Next add the garlic and stir well. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Mix in the curry powder and cook a few minutes unti the curry begins to release it's aromas.
- Add the broth and salt.
- Partly cover the pot and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the lid and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this yesterday evening for my friends today~ I used red potatoes, vegetable broth, mixture of butter/ and oil, and added additional garlic. We had fresh beans from the garden, so this turned out perfectly. Make sure you add the garlic, tastes great!EDA~ de Roche' we just ate some leftovers, and cannot get over how wonderfully comforting, and satisfying this tastes. I love the curry taste, the onion, the garlic all of it. Thanks again!Reply
see 3 more