Aloha Char Siu / Sui
I found this poking around one day and it looks to be the closest to the char siu we used to get while living in Honolulu - this is GREAT in Manapua (#53643)!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 lb pork loin
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons black bean paste
- 6 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degreesMix seasonings together and let sit for 10-20 minutes.
- Make cuts, about 1/4 inch deep, on top and bottom of meat.
- Take mixed ingredients and marinate Pork Loin for 2-4 hours.
- Place Pork Loin and marinade into meatloaf/bread pan and into oven for 25 minutes, checking occasionally to baste.
- Turn Pork Loin over, baste, and cook for another 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place onto dish, pour some of the marinade from pan on top, and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION