" Almost " Dairy Queen Blizzard Ice Cream Cake
Just wait until you taste this, it is so easy to make and so good! The success of this cake will depend on the quality of ice cream that you use, so try to purchase the best, also try this using chocolate ice cream and mint Oreo cookies :) You can double this recipe but you will need a larger pan or make two pans! Plan ahead this needs time to freeze, prep time includes freezing time.
- Ready In:
- 1 (20 ounce) package Oreo cookies
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream (soft but not melted)
- 0.5 (12 ounce) container cool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 20 Oreo cookies, FINELY crushed
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Prepare a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- For the crust; in a bowl combine the crust ingredients until well blended.
- Press gently into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place one 20-ounce bag of sandwich cookies in a food processor, then process until coarsely crushed (do not crush until fine) remove a little less than half of the crumbs to sprinkle on top of cake (or save them for the next time you make the cake!).
- In a bowl mix 1/2-gallon of the softened ice cream with the coarsely crushed cookies.
- Fold in half of the container Cool Whip topping until combined.
- Transfer and spread over the cookie crust.
- Sprinkle the reserved crushed sandwich cookies over the top.
- Freeze for a minimum of 5 hours or until completely frozen.
- If you are planning to freeze longer then this must be covered tightly with foil or it will pick up any freezer odors.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was really delicious and so easy to make. My son doesn't like chocolate so it's hard to find him pre-made ice cream cakes but who has time for making something from scratch these days? This took 30 minutes tops, not including freezing time - it would take more time to run out to the store and buy something :)<br/><br/>We used vanilla oreos - it took about 5 more oreos and 1 extra tbs of butter to get enough crust for a 13 x 9 pan. And we used a bit more than half of an 18 oz. package of cookies, broken up by hand since the food processor chopped them a bit too fine to mix in with the ice cream and cool whip then topped it with Skittles, and it was a huge hit. Even my husband loved it.Reply