Almond Stuffed Chicken Breast
photo by Fisher Nuts
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup Fisher Chef's Naturals Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (16 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine, divided
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup Fisher Chef's Naturals Slivered Almonds, finely ground
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spread almonds in one layer on ungreased shallow baking pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden. Set aside.
- Pound chicken breasts to ¼-inch thickness; cut in half. Marinate overnight in white wine.
- In skillet, sauté mushrooms in ¼ cup butter; about 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic, parsley and lemon juice; sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Add toasted slivered almonds.
- Remove chicken breasts from marinade; pat dry and discard marinade. Season with salt and pepper. Place 1/3 cup of mushroom mixture on each chicken breast half. Fold in sides and roll.
- Secure to hold with toothpick or skewer. Chill 1 hour.
- Add 2/3 cup almonds to a food processor or coffee grinder. Pulse until finely ground. Strain through a fine mesh strainer to avoid lumps. Set aside in dish.
- Dredge rolled chicken in flour, dip in egg, then in ground almonds. Place in casserole; pour 1/2 cup melted butter over breasts.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until no longer pink and coating is crispy brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!