Almond Sandwich Cookies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These easy, elegant, tiny sandwich cookies are sure to be a crowd pleaser at showers, tea parties or anytime a little nibble is on the menu. You can tint the filling any color to fit your event or mood!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) roll pillsbury create 'n bake refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 drop red food coloring
- Heat oven to 350°F In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in flour and almond extract until well blended.
- Shape dough into 180 (1/2-inch) balls. Place balls 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Press bottom of glass dipped into granulated sugar on each ball until 1/4 inch thick; prick top of each with a fork.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes until set but not brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until smooth and creamy. Spread about 1 teaspoon filling on bottoms of half of the cookies. Top each with another cookie, bottom side down; press gently. Store in refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My family loved these cookies and I love the fact that I could make something so elegant looking in such a short amount of time. Once they passed the family test, I made 2 recipes of the cookies to take to a Christmas Fling function and there was not one cookie left on the platter. I colored the filling with different Christmas themed colors and they were a real hit. Thanks for making me look like I knew what I doing because I do not bake!Reply