Almond Crusted Salmon
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces skinless salmon fillet
- 2 eggs, separate egg whites, and discard yoke. Beat egg whites in small bowl
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix almonds, parsley, lemon peel, about 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper on plate. Place flour on another plate. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Dredge salmon in flour, shaking off excess. Lightly brush 1 side of salmon with beaten egg. Press brushed side of salmon into almond mixture, pressing lightly so that almond and seasoning mixture stick.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add salmon to skillet, almond-coated side down, and cook until crust is brown, about 5 minutes. Turn salmon over. Sauté until salmon is cooked through and opaque in center, about 5 minutes. Transfer salmon to plates. Serve with lemon slices.
Join The Conversation
Very easy to make. Took no time all to prepare. And delicious. Crunchy and flavorful. I didn't have lemon so I skipped that part altogether. And I used 1/2 butter 1/2 olive oil. The recipe portions could have coated 3x that much salmon and I coated both sides. I froze the remainder to use next time.